The Urban Farm Handbook
Author Sample Talking Points
- Only affluent people can afford to eat local, organic produce. How can I afford to eat that way when I’m on food stamps and not working?
- What are produce buying clubs, and how can people join one? Are they even legal
- My family wants processed foods. How do I deal with that?
- I live by myself in an apartment. I can’t garden or buy a whole animal. What can I do?
- I don’t want to can all summer long – how can I still provide for my family for the winter?
- My youngest will only eat goldfish crackers and pirate booty – won’t he starve?
- I get so disheartened and overwhelmed by “green” messaging. Can one family really make a difference?
- I don’t have time for livestock and a garden. What can I do?
- How can I make this all work when I’m juggling young children and a job?
- How can a person ditch the grocery store altogether?
- What’s the simplest cheese to make at home?
- How much food can you really grow in an urban yard?
- What is biochar and can how can people use it in their gardens? Is biochar different than charcoal or wood ash?